HSM500E-SD High-Speed 802.11a OFDM Modem in the 5GHz band
Meet the Swiss Army Knife of License-Free, Long-Range, High-Speed Wireless Modems:
- 3-in-one solution – Supports Ethernet, serial & digital I/O simultaneously
- High throughput Class 1, Div2 802.11a OFDM
- Designed for band-intensive applications: IoT, Big Data & Industry 4.0
- High-speed with selectable RF speeds up to 54Mbps(108 Mbps using turbo mode)
- High power offers exceptionally long-range (up to 2** miles/3.2 km) with LOS*
- Minimize broadcast traffic: Access point/client & bridge/router configuration
- Included: Whip Antenna, Power Pack 12 VDC, 2 AMP
- Check out what’s new in HSM500E-SD in comparison to HSM500E
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-882-2206 for questions, information or to discuss your project. Ready to start your project? Fill up our Request Project Assistance Form, and our team will contact you to assist you in your project.
DATA-LINC GROUP’S newest HSM modem in the 5.8GHz band offers unique features & benefits to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of costly downtime for our wireless customers. This premium product is the Swiss Army Knife of license-free, high-speed, wireless modems as it can work with Ethernet, serial, and digital I/O simultaneously.
The three-in-one wireless solution offers exceptional flexibility for complex products and network design. Some of its unique features are:
- Powerful over-the-air network diagnostics and configurations – Designed for band-intensive applications: IoT, Big Data and Industry 4.0.
- Ultra-reliable high-speed modem that will perform well in the harsh industrial environments
- Configurable settings for data integrity in RF-crowded and band-hungry applications.
- Offers high-power up to 630mW and a range** up to 2 miles with clear LOS*.
- Supports standard Wi-Fi communication with selectable RF speeds up to 54Mbps, 108Mbps in turbo mode up to three channels, for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint communication.
- Capable of operating in access point/client configuration mode and function as a network bridge/router or serve as a serial server (RS-232/RS-485) and DHCP/DNS server for network devices.
- Provides node-to-node deterministic mesh network repeatability which allows for greater range and multiple channel spacing options thus providing increased network scalability. This feature also enables fault tolerance and reduces maintenance costs.
- Includes MAC & IP address filtering and VLAN tagging that separates traffic for bridging & routing modes.
- Uses integrated Modbus® protocol – This simplifies the integration of the HSM with any other Modbus RTU/TCP device. This integration capability also gives the user the capability to expand the function of the single digital I/O port by using any third-party Modbus devices in a virtually seamless deployment. The integrated Modbus can also bring down costs by reducing the number of components and cables needed.
- Backward compatible with its legacy counterpart HSM500E
The combination of these advanced features and the network flexibility provided by this three-in-one solution has produced a modem that is an excellent choice for industrial and instrumentation band-hungry applications. For an exceptional high-speed modem, Think DATA-LINC
**Range depends upon data rate & environmental conditions
License-Free, 802.11a OFDM High-Speed, Long-Range
5.150 GHz ~ 5.825 GHz ISM Band
Included: Whip antenna, Power Pack 12 VDC, 2 Amp
Frequency Range: 5.150 – 5.825 GHz ISM Band (AU, NZ, Brazil & EU locked)
Range with line-of-sight (LOS): Up to 5 miles/ 8 km**
Output Power: 15 to 630mW (User selectable or factory locked)
Transmit Modulation: OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing)
Receiver Sensitivity: –95 dBm at 6Mbps; –74 dBm @ 108Mbps (8% FER)
Channel Spacing: 20 MHz spacing (27 channels)
Data Rate (bps): 1200, 2400,4800, 9600, 14400, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800,115200, 230400
Antenna: 1 SMA female, Standard polarity
Front Panel Interface:
LED Indicators: OK (power), RX, TXLINK, RS-232, LAN, RS-485, DIO (digital I/O)
Digital I/O: Input voltage-free contact, Output – FET 30 VDC 500 mA
Ethernet: 100Base- T, RJ-45 connector, IEEE 802.3
- RS232 – DB-9 female DCE, RTS/CTS/DTR/DCD
- RS 485 – 2-pin terminal block, non-isolated
- Data rate (BPS): 1200, 2400,4800, 9600, 14400, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800,115200, 230400 bps
- Settings: 7/8 data bits, stops/start/parity (configurable)
SMA Antenna: Standard thread SMA female, Supplied bench test antenna Nominal Impedance 50Ω
TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, SNMP, DNS, RADIUS/802.1x, DHCP, PPP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, TFTP, TELNET, Modbus, and Modbus-TCP
Top Panel LED Indicators: OK (power), RX, TXLINK, RS-232, LAN, RS-485, DIO (digital I/O)
RF Network: Web-based diagnostics
Reported diagnostics: RSSI measurements, connectivity information/statistics, log file
Avg Current: 270 mA at 12 V (idle); 140 mA at 24 V (idle)
Transmit Current: 470 mA at 12 V (400mW); 250 mA at 24 V (600 mW)
Nominal Supply: 9 to 30 VDC under/overvoltage protection
System Address: ESSID, 1–31character text string
User Configurable (Via HTTPS embedded web server):
- Embedded Modbus Master/Remote for I/O transfer
- Modbus TCP/RTU gateway
- Point to point, point to multipoint
- Serial client/server/multicast
- Simultaneous RS-232/RS-485 connection
- Wireless distribution system (AP-AP Repeater)
Security – Data encryption, 802.11i with CCMP 128-bit AES, support for 802.1× Radius server, secure HTTP protocol
Whitelist/Blacklist Bandwidth Protection: MAC address, IP filtering, ARP/GARP filtering
ECC: FCC Part 15; EN301 489-17; AU/NZ CISPR22
Hazardous area: CSA Class I, Division 2; ATEX; IECEx nA IIC
RF (radio): EN 301 893; FCC Part 15; RSS 210
Safety: UL Listed IEC 60950 (RoHS compliant)
Enclosure: Powder-coated Aluminum weatherproof
Dimensions: 4.5 in x 5.5 in x 1.2 in (11.4 cm x 14.0 cm x 3.0 cm )
Operating Environment: Temp -40 to +140º F (-40 to +60º C); 0-99% RH non-condensing
Weight: 1.0 lb. (0.45 kg)
**Specifications are subject to change without notice.