Partners: Rockwell Automation
See also Articles & Technical Papers
Ethernet/IP Wireless Networking
Visit Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation Encompass Program: Global Partner
Data-Linc Group, a Rockwell Automation Global Encompass Partner for many years, is known for its data communication expertise and for offering the broadest line of industrial grade modems world class, worldwide.
Data-Linc has focused its efforts toward insuring that the transmission of data between PACs/PLCs, RTUs, PCs and other industrial automation equipment achieves the highest possible level of accuracy, reliability and integrity even in the harshest industrial environments. Full connectivity, compatibility and interoperability with Allen-Bradley and other Rockwell Automation equipment ensures ease of installation as well as providing assurance against potential operational problems.
Principle Features and Benefits Unique product features others modem manufacturers cannot offer including:
- The FLC910E high-speed (54MBPS) modem in the 900 MHz band (1/4 mile range) uses OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) technology to support broadband needs or real-time video and avoids IT's 2.4 GHz LAN.
- Data-Linc Modems and connecting cables are factory configured for each application, assuring a trouble-free installation (no modem field settings, programming or adapters required).
- Data-Linc wire and wireless modems include long-range, license-free Ethernet and serial modems in both the 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz license-free bands that employ Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum and OFDM technologies for the ultimate in performance for rate, range and robust reliability.
- Wireless solutions offer full duplex, uncompressed data rates to 115.2 Kbaud with a distance to 35 miles (56 km) and operating temperatures from -40°C to +75°C (-40°F to 167°F) as well as Dial-up/Leased Line operating temperatures from -40°C to +85°C (-40°C to +185°F).
- The CIX Family of long-range family offers a Protocol Master with Produce/Consume to wireless I/O for 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz band for short and long-range applications.
- Data-Linc modems support point-to-point, multi-point and multi-path, multi-tier, multi-drop applications for long-range and dual/hybrid long and medium range installations using a combination of the lower-power, lower-range, lower-cost PlantLinc PLR family of modems communicating with their long-range counterparts, the SRM and CIX Families, thus providing the best combination for the most cost-effective topology...a unique advantage.
Typical Industry Applications
- Victor Valley Wastewater Reclamation Authority
Allen-Bradley PLC-5s and MicroLogix programmable logic controllers with Data-Linc radio modems and wireless Ethernet modems provide accurate, reliable and near real-time data acquisition. Scalable, high-speed, multi-tier, multi-drop radio frequency communications network controls pumps site, monitors and controls water pressure and adjusts flow levels from a computer in the main station, saving time and labor.
- ARCO Petroleum/Vastar Resources
Data transmitted over 8 miles between Allen-Bradley SLC 5/03 Processors using Data-Linc serial Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum Radio Modems in a particularly high interference environment. Data is transmitted between two oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico where previous radio modems had failed to deliver error free communications.
- Denver Metro Wastewater Reclamation District
Alarm conditions are transmitted over Data-Linc DLM4000 Industrial Dial-up Modems for 24 hour communication with an Allen Bradley PLC-5.
- Armstrong World Industries
Data-Linc license-free SRM6000 Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum Radio Modems, operating in the 902-928 MHz license free band, transmit data between a PC and an Allen-Bradley PLC-5/30 Processor with RS-422 interface for crane control.
Data-Linc utilizes the most advanced Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum and OFDM technologies for license-free wireless data transmission, but also specializes in dial-up and leased line communication for applications where line-of-sight (LOS) is unobtainable to provide reliable solutions that offer reliability and integrity while also achieving superior performance, trouble-free installation and assurance against potential operational problems without needing to seek another vendor. Data-Linc can serve as a "one stop shop" for industrial data communication needs.